Steering rack problem

I dont know much about cars and my problem is that. I bought a 2001 Polo clasic and I would like to fit in 18inch wheels. But I was told that sometimes big wheels harm the steering rack. Is it possible maybe to exchange steering racks maybe fit in Golf 4 steering rack?

Reply to
sasa

18s on a Seat Cordo^^^^^^Polo Classic will look stupid anyway. It'll look like a rollerskate.

In answer to your question - no, you can't, not without significant metalwork alterations - the Cordoba is based on a MkII / III front end with Polo arse.

Reply to
SteveH

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

And handle even worse. It'll also feel like sliding down the road on a teatray with so little sidewall flexibility.

Reply to
Guy King

Stick to go-faster stripes, and turbo-ultra-sexenhancing 'ripseed' stickers.

Reply to
David R

Just get more speakers and an even bigger exhaust - it'll sound really fast then.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot