Bye for now

Folks, it's been great! This group has been a wonderful source of info and discussion... but today I traded the '96 NA on a Ford Ranger. (Oh, THAT will be different... =:O ) Going to do some cycle hauling and truck camping and whatnot.

It was hard driving away from her, but it was time. The trips thru Yellowstone and Glacier will always stick with me. I'll probably get tired of pickup trucks in a couple-three years and maybe watch for a low-mile NB for next time. Until then, best wishes to all of you.

miker

Reply to
miker

You know you can come back from time to time to see what's happening, right?

Have fun with the truck.

Reply to
XS11E

Sounds like good stuff! Is that cycles with or without engines? I can't remember off the top of my (nearly empty) head, if you're one of our many motorcycle enthusiasts or a bicycle enthusiast. Either way, best wishes and don't leave us for good! The NB's great by the way ;-)

Enjoy! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Speaking of, my Miata has been out of commission for some time now, and I am getting less and less of an urge to get it back on the road. The magic may finally be over. I am even getting used to an automatic transmission and wrong wheel drive.

One thing making me hesitate to part with it is the fact that I can do more extensive work on the car than on any other model made.

The two Miatas I have owned have still never been touch by a mechanic while I owned them except for tire mounting, tire balancing and alignments. A bit of body and paint work too, I leave that to so-called professionals who are never able to do it properly. The one body shop in Austin that does not completely suck in quality is completely overpriced instead.

Nearly 11 years of do-it-myself modifications and repairs on my Miata and about 6 others, along with completely tearing down 3 of them has made me very familiar with the NA Miata from front to rear and top to bottom.

Still, even if I finally dump my final Miata, I will come bug you guys on r.a.m.m.m. from time to time. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws