Foglight - $56 vs 243$

The foglight for a 2002/3 Mercury Marauder (PN 3W3Z-15200-AB) is EXACTLY the same light as installed in the newer Miatas, with the exception of the shape of the elevation adjustment screw. The screw on the original light has a large hex head on the end to allow the use of an end wrench while doing adjustments, while the Mercury light has a round shaft with a phillips head for use with a screw driver. Otherwise, it was identical and the plug for the wire harness is also the same. Miata thinks that this light is worth $243 dollars, while Ford feels that $56 is sufficient. I did find a place on the web that would sell me the Miata light for $190, but elected to go with Bob Utter Lincoln Mercury in TX, who sent me one for $46 plus $6 for UPS shipping. It took me about 30 minutes to change it, with removing the wheel and undoing the lower part of the inner fender liner. I originally discovered information about this subject in the miata forum,

If you have not been there, you need to do so. You have access to an invaluable source of info about your Miata.

Reply to
TTT