406 Front foglight removal

The NS front foglight on my company owned 406 is heavily misted up. It doesn't appear to be broken so rather than have the dealer charge a huge amount to (probably) replace the lamp, I'd like to remove it and dry it out. I can remove the bottom fastenings OK, but it appears to be held at the top somehow. What am I missing - how do I release the lamp? Thanks, Rory.

Reply to
Rory

It is held at the top by a Torx bolt, the same as the other two. Getting it undone is not too bad, but putting it back is another story. Loads of patience needed, And a pot of heavy grease to hold the screw to the screwdriver!!! Trouble is you're going to go through all that trouble to dry out the unit, and it will mist up again. You could just take the bulb out and use a hairdryer to dry it out in-situ. If you do take it out you need to find where the moisture is coming from.

Reply to
Nigel

"Nigel" wrote > Trouble is you're going to go through all that trouble to dry out the

Thanks for this - it's pretty wet inside so I hoped it would be reasonably obvious where the sealing has failed. If not then I'll just seal everywhere and see how it goes!

Reply to
Rory