Tire wear question please

I have four (count 'em! four) tires on my Miata. The fronts are pretty warn and the rears have some decent tread left.

Until i can buy a new set all-around to replace these old ones, this question:

Should I move the ones with tread life left to the front or leave them on the back?

Reply to
Fruit Pie the Magician

Depends. How often do you drive in the wet? Odds are you could rotate the front tires and rear tires and get much more life.

Since I added a JRSC kit to my '02 SE, it eats rear tires *much* faster than it did before. Guess my foot is heavy.

;-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

rain: not very often and it probably won't rain much (if at all here in Silicon Valley) before I replace them in a few months' time.

-fptm

Reply to
Fruit Pie the Magician

My rear tires wear about twice as fast as the fronts. I wouldn't rotate them.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

thanks all

Reply to
Fruit Pie the Magician

I agree with Lanny, it's not from doing smoky burnouts, it's just from pushing it thru the turns. The fun is at the edges.......... of adhesion!

The rain (or any kind of sand or pebbles) is definitely not your friend with little or no tread, be careful.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo