Warranty question

I have a 2002 TiSE and have added a monsterflow intake from Goodwin Racing. I have to bring the car in for warranty work on the Power Antennae and fog lights ... would it be advisable to put the OEM intake back on? Thanks,

Reply to
Bobt

Bobt wrote: [Reply posted to group and cc: to author as a courtesy (if no 'spam guard')] Please do not reply directly to the e-mail

I put a monsterflow intake from r-speed on (probably the same one) and have taken my 2001 in for warranty work several times. They've never said anything about it.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

My understanding is that, if you're getting something unrelated fixed, they've got no reason to say anything to you about it, at that time. The problem comes when you need something fixed that's more closely related to the intake...for example, if there's engine damage that they can plausibly relate to insufficient air filtration with the aftermarket intake. If they've made note of the aftermarket intake on a previous (unrelated) visit, they may refuse warranty coverage on the related repair. The onus would then be on you to demonstrate (presumably using a lawyer) that your aftermarket modification didn't cause the damage to the warranted part.

Eric Lucas

Reply to
Eric Lucas