Where can I find carburetor intake?

I need an intake manifold for a 1.6 liter, B6 type engine, but it has to be for a carburetor. This is for circle track racing and I can't use fuel injection. If I can't find a stock manifold, I'm willing to cough up the bucks for a custom made one if anybody knows where I could get one. John

Reply to
John

Was that engine ever made with a carb? There may not even be such a thing as a stock one...

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Some time ago I read something someplace (Miata.net? Miata Mag? Newsgroup?) that a couple of guys somehow bolted some SU carbs onto a 1.6L and it performed quite well.

Sorry that I don't have the entire story.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Stoorza

From what I have been able to find out, they were made for other countries (with carb), but not sold in the US. I was hoping to find some information for Australia or maybe Canada perhaps. John

Reply to
John

"Ken Stoorza" wrote

Newsgroup?)

Miata Magazine Summer 1992 (I just bought that back issue). They had the manifold fabricated at Downing Atlanta.

Having had twin SUs on my first car - a Mini-Cooper - I cannot imagine why those guys did it.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Perhaps they like underhood fires? When I had an MGA, I always kept a bag of marshmallows handy to capitalize on the inevitable...

Of course, the SU-clone Hitachis on my 240Z never leaked a drop.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

John,

Have you looked at "Adrenaline Racing" ? They have a "Truckin Solex Carburator Kit", that has 3 side draft carbs, for NA6CE, NA8C and NB8C engines. They may have or know of something you can use.

Phone: (360) 566-0173. 360 is a Western Washington area code. They do have a web site.

Hope this helps.

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Mazdaspeed sells, or used to sell, a manifold for the Miata engine that took carbs...used for racing in Japan...

Reply to
DH