C240 Tires from tirerack in Canada?

Hi,
Has any one in Canada purchased the tires from tirerack .com recently? I would like to know
- how was the experience? - did you have to pay the custom/duty/gst/pst to CCRA?
- was the tire manufacturing date recent?
Tires here in Canada are expensive and tirerack sells them at almost half the price of what we get here. Its seems like its worth buying from there even after paying $110 in shipping cost.
Thank you
Call up Tirerack and ask directly. They will answer every questions you have.

After the shipping, tax, duty and brokerage fee it was not worth buying from tirerack so I ended up buying locally.
Got "General Exclaim UHP" and wow they are so quiet. Ride is bit softer than what I expected but they are really good.
I got a couple sets myself. Outstanding tire with comfortable ride. Since you guys got snow tire law... you made the right choice to buy summer tire for the other set of rims.

low price and the promise of a good looking tire. My experience, they suck! I put a new set on (245/35x19) and got an alignment. Within 4000 miles they started bouncing like a rubber ball. Balance? Nope. They were tested for "road force variance" (fancy term for out of round) and all exceeded spec of 30lbs. by 20% or more. General (Continental) refused any warranty consideration because wear was just beyond 2/32nds". I figured I got a bad set and was stupid enough (cheap price) to replace the same tires. I made sure by aligning again and having suspension checked for any problems. Guess what? Same thing at 6000 miles. Again, Continental said no warranty beyond 2/32nds". They now had to live with me everyday more than once a day on the phone for a couple of weeks. Being in the automobile business and selling hundreds of tires per month I tried to use my weight with the promise (threat ?) that I'd never sell a General/Continental tire again. Do you think they cared? I wore them down and they finally gave in. They pro-rated my 6,000 mile $500 set of tires down to $180. Figure that one out. Now I have a set of Continental ContiSport Contact 3 on the car. Another Continental product. I must be stupid. Nope. Got them for free from my tire distributor. Duh! They are excellent tires. My $.02. I just had to rant. Howard
I am sorry you had a bad experience with General Exclaim UHP. I have three sets myself in 16" sizes. I didn't have any issue with them but I will check for the out of round issue if any wierd problem arises.
$500 for a set of four 19" tires?! Must be distributor prices.
I personally do not like Continental tires... nothing impressive about them. I bought one set of General Exclaim UHP to experiment... love it so bought two more sets. One tire blew up... never seen anything like it but no other issue.
Ya know. you are ahead of the game on Continental/General tire game... you got two free sets of tires for $320... Distributor must want your business badly!. That's $40 per tire... for 19" tires? LOL.
I want to try Nokian summer performance tire for my 17" Lorinser wheels. Gonna cost me a ton of money.
I read a bunch of reviews on the UHP before buying and the reviews were glowing. "General"ly they were good tires before the issues I had. My experience with Conti has been based only on the set on my car now. I like "em. It's the old story! Opinions are like ........'s, everyone's got them. That's what supports a wide variance of products to create competiton and that's good. The price I paid was back when they first came out 3-4 years ago. They were retailing right about $125 and yes my cost was wholesale. My statement of $500 was a retail value. The costs you stated were a little more than $320. My cost per tire was right at $100 each. I purchased 8 tires over the period and received $180 pro-rate. Still, $620 for 8 tires isn't bad. Other than not getting much mileage before they crapped out. The best part was the Conti's I received free. About $1000 freebie. Yeah, they liked me. I sold a ton of their tires (approx 300-400/mo) and yes, it was Tirerack. That was then. Now I have to pay for them. Imagine that.