Does Mercedes still make a Wagon

Hi All, Does Mercedes still make a Wagon? If so, what model numbers? TIA .....t

Yes, the C-Class and E-Class estates are still in production. There's even an AMG "grocery getter."
Forgot to mention that only the E-Class is available in the US, if that's your neck of the woods. In 2005, the C-Class was available, and there have been spy photos of the new C-Class estate being tested.

I asked at my MB dealer yesterday and was told that the new C-class wagons will not be imported to the US. Sigh.
Kal
If you're talking about the estate version of the C, then a lot of people think it is as useful as the BMW 3 estate version -- not very.
The ultimate is the E Class.
DAS
"Kalman Rubinson" < snipped-for-privacy@nyu.edu> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:44:31 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

Too big for me. BMW 3 is too small. Our C320 wagon is just the right size for us two. Rear seats down, I can schlepp all the weekend stuff in comfort.
Kal
Glad to hear it works for you. As you know I was only passing on hearsay and journalists' comments (maybe that's hearsay, too).
I have never owned such a type of car and only rarely driven one (usually rented).
I must admit that if I looked at such a car I would not overlook the C Estate/Wagon.
DAS
"Kalman Rubinson" < snipped-for-privacy@nyu.edu> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Understood. We are only two and we drive almost only on weekends from NYC to CT (and back) where we have a house. I review audio systems and often have to carry bulky cartons of equipment back and forth. So, our priorities are driving/riding comfort and enjoyment and the capacity to stuff in some big components from time to time.
Prior to the C320S, we had a few Saab hatchbacks which sufficed but, with the demise of their hatchbacks, we looked elsewhere. Considering the critical (for us) distance from the back of the rear seats and the rear hatch along with the performance, this seemed optimum. We now have 4 years on it and renewed the lease until next year. The alternatives are few.
Kal
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:54:28 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

Until the Mercs came along the ultimate estate in the UK was considered to be Volvo (even if they sent you to sleep as soon as you looked at them)...
DAS
"Kalman Rubinson" < snipped-for-privacy@nyu.edu> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

What, you never had Universal and Binz wagons over there in the late 50's and early 60s?
I doubt it... Did you?
I love this pic gallery:
http://www.mbzponton.org/pax058/people/photogalleryvariants.htm
Is the Universal you mean a version of this?
http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B27345.jpg
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:e8u61m$4dd$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Sigh,
What would I pay to have "Low-cost motoring at it's smooth and easy best again... ;-)
http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B3601.jpg
The rest of the MB brochures are excellent too.
Cheers, ws
--
change to leews to mail

Nah, the car I'm most familiar with is Bill Wachsmuths:
http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/1967_Mercedes_Benz_230S.html
Never knew about those...interesting.
Red herring: IMA is an Italian company making pharmaceutical process machines... :-)
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:e90oaa$mh4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...

The 110/111 had the greatest number of chassis variants. Typicaly MB produces a chassis in one or maybe a couple of variants, but there are like 16 variants of the 110/111 chassis. Special ones for ambulances, and all sorts of utility vehicles. Noen were by any stretch of the imagination "common" though and arguably this was 40 years before their time.
Have you tried the MB website...?...
DAS
"Terry" < snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net...
Also theres the new r class sports tourer which has been referred to a a wagon even though it looks more like a crossover to me
Terry wrote:

Our local police (here in the UK) use the E Class estate cars. Very nice looking. I have rarely seen one in private use. The C class estate is more common.