Door trim adjustment

Is there any way to adjust the location of the black plastic trim that comprises the door latch handle back to the seat adjustment controls without removing the door panel?
Long ago my local dealership had to replace a window regulator on the front passenger door of my wife's '95 E320. After that I happened to notice that the black plastic trim was no longer in-line with the wood trim - and in fact there was a gap at the bottom where it should cover the door fabric. Now I know that I should have taken it back, but to tell the truth I was frustrated with them as it seemed that every time they fixed one problem they created two more.

without
If it's a W124 the outer piece just clips on, and the inner part with the handle in it slides out, in fact you have to remove that before you can get the door panel off.