MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER

Page 1 of 3
My earlier post suggested the negatives of owning a Mercedes.
As I have read a few of the responses--mostly from Mercedes drivers, my immediate reaction is one of disgust for the deeply engrained, WASPY,
Republican, elitist, country-club arrogance of Mercedes owners. Your upper-class arrogance ( we're better than the trailer-trash, blue collar folks ) is only digging the hole deeper and confirming my narrative.
The Mercedes drivers assume that I live in a trailer and have my car parked on blocks. I could afford to own a Mercedes. I choose not too impress other people. I do not live in a trailer, and I certainly do not tote a Busch beer in my hand. I live in a wealthy American suburb and have neighbours who drive Mercedes, Jaguars, and BMWs.
A good percentage of Mercedes drivers cannot afford to own one. Many pay exorbitant lease fees, and then must live in a flat, with 10 other flatmates, to afford food and the other basic necessities of life.
By the tone of the responses, the Mercedes owners have alluded to the fact that they do not associate with people who live in trailers or whom even drive Chevrolet Cavaliers. Well-- I've got news for you too. I do not, and would not fathom the thought of associating myself with someone who drives a Mercedes only to impress other people, unless they are active in charity work.
I find it rather humorous that, on a consistent basis, Mercedes and other luxury cars are always parked in the yellow, no-parking zones at shopping malls. hotels, restaurants, etc. Luxury car owns assume that they are a VIP, and parking where other people park is beneath their dignity.
Enjoy your Mercedes. In fact, do not buy a casket when you die. Just be buried in your Mercedes, for all I care. A wood casket is all I ask for myself. I am sure a wood casket is not the type of casket a Mercedes drivers would be CAUGHT DEAD IN. I guess Mercedes owners have their trailer-trash humour. Well, I have my non-Mercedes owner humour too.
Okay, okay, okay-- to all you other Jed and Jethro Mercedes owners, my "Beverly Hillbillies Truck" IS on blocks occasionally, just like I assume every Mercedes owner is a graduate of MIT. ( Mississippi Institute of Telemarketing ).
I just want to convey the idea that a huge percentage of non-luxury car owners, and the general public at-large, do not look at your over-priced car with awe, and gleeful admiration.

Here's 10p. Phone someone who cares.
don't take what people say on the internet so personally.

Carlton Prestwicke wrote:

If you are so wealthy, why do you use WEBTV? ( Not that there is anything wrong with that ).
.
Re: MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER Carlton Prestwicke wrote: I live in a wealthy American suburb and have neighbours who drive Mercedes, Jaguars, and BMWs. If you are so wealthy, why do you use WEBTV? ( Not that there is anything wrong with that ). XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX well its not a real computer i must admit but i don't need any thing better. case
82 300SD 251,000 miles 84 300SD 210,000 miles 82 240D 200,000+ miles 82 GOLDWNG GL 19,000 miles 99 S10 60,000 MILES 82 <I THINK> FORD VAN not a clue
NO BLOCKS IN MY YARD
case
hilton head island SC, the land of MBs
the case, minus a few cans!

Cause he doesn't need a overpriced expensive computers that we just have to show off. Martin Autobahn Auto
Newsbeitrag

I'd be glad if you wouldn't care where nobody is noticing it.
Raymund Hofmann
All of the jiberish you've spouted so far is so general, it could (and in many cases does) apply to folks that own Jags, Rolls, Bentlys, Lincolns, and my all time faves, Volvos!
We've all heard your opinion. Go troll elsewhere.
Steve
WASPY, Republican, elitist, country-club arrogance of Mercedes owners ___________________________________________ You better check the valet parking lots where the Hollywood/New York liberal Democrats hang out. Seems that MB is the car of choice for most of them. And most of those MTV rappers who delight in trashing everything conservative all seem to have an SL 600 in the driveway...check out the MTV "Cribs" show sometime and you'll see. _________________________________________

over-priced car with awe, and gleeful admiration.>
Who gives a rat's ass?
BYE-BYE TROLL
Maybe someone stepped on your toy 300SL as a baby.

Actually it sounds more like he depressed. He admits he read some of the responses, and obviously he either thinks that 300K + miles on original engines is all lies by Mercedes drivers, or he is plain dumb. Besides, based on what I read from him, he attacks the true luxury Mercedes Owners, which points back at depression....neighbors driving BMW's and Mercedes...there is your clue folks, he is being ignored by the neighbors young Mercedes driving female society. Martin Autobahn Auto 1993 300SD 230K+ miles (running like new)

Saying that your mindless rant was a "suggesting the negatives" is like saying a 300 pound woman is "big boned."

No shit... You posted to a Mercedes group. Get a clue...

Actually, I am an out of work, broke college student, but that matters not. You reaction was disgust, and mine reaction of your was amusement. I sure like my world better than yours. :-) As to feeling superior, well, the mentally stable have cause to feel superior to the mentally whacked... Just my opinion.

No, I live in a trailer... Well, I live on a boat, which is a type of moble home. McBrew lives in a trailer.

If it is a domestic model, that might be a reasonable assumption. :-) (Cheap shot, but fun!)

And you fail to impress quite well! Congratulations on goal setting so well!

If you have no need to impress, us, why tell us? Are those voices in your head giving you conflicting messages again?

A good percentage of the American public can not afford to own the car they drive. That is what financing is for. Later bankruptcy, but that is for another flame.

The cost of a car as little to do with the monthly payment. A much greater effect is the residual percentage. I am looking at new cars right now. So far, the most expensive has the lowest payment for the same terms. As for a counter argument, two words. GMC Denali

Oh thank god! If you feel a need to talk to me again, think twice! I have a Mercedes, and I know how to use it!

I thought you felt disgust? But then I find your disgust humorous too, so I guess we have something in common after all! But as long as we are on a rant, how about those SUV drivers that don't know what the lines in the parking lot are for?

We do!

You seem to care a lot. I mean all of this effort...

Not true. I love wood. The boat I live in is a 1964 classic Chris Craft made of Honduran Mahogany. Nothing looks better! A fine Honduran Mahogany coffin with 12 layers of varnish and brass accents... Only the finest!

I don't even begin to follow that one.

That's OK. All that matters is what I feel when I look at my car. Your feelings are just toys for my amusement.
Lee
Carlton has a small penis and can't deal with it....
How strange is the world : i live in Italy (Milan) and here have a Mercedes or a BMW is not a luxury ... expecially used they are very cheap.I own a used 2000 c320 with 15.000 miles and i paid about 20.000 USD for it . Here is a luxury to own a Chevrolet ....
Bye bye

I knew that I should have sold that old Camaro abroad rather than trading it in to the dealer for peanuts.
dies gedichtet:

I think "luxury to own a Chevrolet" is not the right word. If somebody in Germany decides to own a 15 year old Chevrolet Caprice instead of a Mercedes 124 of the same vintage, he is regarded a little bit exotic, because the car is regarded as a gas guzzler, and parts may be hard to get. As most US cars are not regularily sold in Germany, they are quite rare over here. Driving a Caprice or a Ford Mustang is definitely more exotic over here than driving an S-class. It is not a matter of money, because used US cars suffer from very fast depreciation.
Frank

Re: MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2003, 8:34pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (FrankKemper)
dies gedichtet: How strange is the world : i live in Italy (Milan) and here have a Mercedes or a BMW is not a luxury ... expecially used they are very cheap.I own a used 2000 c320 with 15.000 miles and i paid about 20.000 USD for it . Here is a luxury to own a Chevrolet .... I think "luxury to own a Chevrolet" is not the right word. If somebody in Germany decides to own a 15 year old Chevrolet Caprice instead of a Mercedes 124 of the same vintage, he is regarded a little bit exotic, because the car is regarded as a gas guzzler, and parts may be hard to get. As most US cars are not regularily sold in Germany, they are quite rare over here. Driving a Caprice or a Ford Mustang is definitely more exotic over here than driving an S-class. It is not a matter of money, because used US cars suffer from very fast depreciation. Frank
I think you are both right.
American cars imported from the US (as opposed to those made in Europe) cost more than in the US and are rather pricey for what you get, thus it's a luxury and it's exotic because there are so few of them.
DAS --

luxury and it's exotic because there are so few of them.>
In the 80's when I visited the UK frequently I was always amused to see older American cars & trucks on the roads because they looked so out of place. Then I learned they were considered "exotics", and really got a laugh. One of my friends in the Midlands had several 60's era Corvettes which he'd imported and kept in pristine condition. Can't imagine having to feed one at $5.00+ per gallon!