SVO for a 300D?

I've got some free time coming up next month and I'm considering making the move to running SVO, using either the Greasel or Greasecar conversion units... after all Rudy himself ran his first diesels on
Peanut oil...
I've surfed all over the place and can only find positive reports about how everybody is having absolutely no problems running the stuff through their fuel lines, and for some strange reason I just don't buy it.
Has anyone on this group had an experience with Greasel or Greasecar conversions? Perhaps you know someone who has? At $2.40/gallon for #2, I'm figuring the conversion would pay for itself in about 8 months of my kind of driving, unless of course I wind up with a shot injection pump!
thanks mucho,
terry solomonson
When you filter the oil... make sure you run them through water separator... water kills injection pump... plus you can see it visually... oil is lighter and on top of water.
see www.biodiesel.org
Good site.