Do we need to make a newsgroup for each make?????help!

No, completely "on topic" if you could read.

Reply to
madmax

I thought you had gone to the woods to play with madmax! if you want change get youself over to alt.autos.newbini, if not stay quet, you silly little TROLL!

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

No sorry mate the new BINI isn't progress at all, not when compared to the real thing as it's just another large faceless ugly hatchback, that's overpriced and greatly overated too, sorry but the real Mini was and always will be unique and will always be the ultimate car to learn to drive in or go shopping into the town or city in or just for blasting along a bumpy and twisty country road etc. Plus you don't need a mortgage to buy one with decent performance either!

Yes I do agree that an old classic has charm but can be a right pain in the arse too when it keeps going wrong, but the real Mini improved over the years with electronic ignition and multi point fuel injection and it got more refined with more comfortable reclining seats and extra sound insulation and it got safer with a drivers air bag and side impact door bars etc etc. Mind you I don't think rubber mounting the subframes was a great move though back in the mid 1970's, but it did make the car a bit more smooth/refined I think? Oh and yes the real Mini did have it's early teething problems like leaky floor/sills and stuff but they were all soon corrected, but the BINI which was designed on a computer and took years to develop still had more than a few troubles itself too what with the exploding fuel cap, handbrake fault and dodgy electrics etc and I'd rather have wet feet than be in flames any day! LOL

But then you'd have known all the facts about the evolution of the Mini if you'd looked at my website?

Mind you i've always said that regardless of it's age, if you look after a real Mini and service it when required and change it's components like spark plugs, dizzy caps, rotor arm and HT leads etc too when required, then a Mini will look after you in return. Well for the past 22 years all the ones I've owned have at least! And they never failed getting me to work all year round in all weathers and I travelled all over the South Wales area of the UK and believe me it's nearly always raining cats and dogs here too!

So no we don't see a big fat hatchback as progress actually, not when there's plenty of other smaller, cheaper and better cars (than a BINI anyway) on the market like the Ford Ka (which I'm no fan of anyway), but which is far closer to the size and price range of Issigonis's masterpiece! But yes cars are designed by computer now and probably have been for some time and that probably explains why they all look much the same and are faceless and boring.

Likewise the new MINI.

So yes we'll still be here keeping the faith and we'll be smug when the time comes that the BINI gets the chop too!

Reply to
Taffy

Obviously another one for the killfile!! so here goes.........

xx

My God, Taffy lives in his own little world with his one sided ignorance.

Reply to
Madmax

Actually Steve is more of a troll than anyone else. Always talking about hillbillys and a non existent, bini newsgroup. Try to get back on target boy!

Reply to
Madmax

By By ass hole!

Reply to
Madmax

But apart from everything else, the BINI is way too big to be called a Mini i'm afraid. So no, it's not progress in any way, it's just another large German car company wanted it's own VW Golf, but using the name from a far more famous and successful car!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Taffy is such a dick!

Reply to
madmax

You must feel highly privileged to now be the only person in my killfile, or very sad and lonely......

Reply to
miniman

You got it right! Very privileged indeed. Now go away!

Reply to
Madmax