Bargain, surely?

3

Tempted altho i'd like to see some pics first

-- Chet

Chet

3

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

£2.5k for a wanky 12 year old Metro?

You're 'avin a laugh, aren't you?

Reply to
SteveH

do the maths mate I can break the car for £1500 without audio engine is worth £700 ecu £500 wheels £200 exhaust and induction kit gotta be worth £100 rest of the car free

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

No, still doesn't work.

It's a 12 year old Metro, and no matter what you do with it, it'll still only be a 12 year old Metro. Which means £500-£1k max.

Unless you get some Max Tosser muppet who's taken in by the 'blue painted brake drums'.

Just because the sum of the parts comes to £2.5k (using your valuations) doesn't mean they're worth that much as a whole.

Reply to
SteveH

that's second hand value for parts which I have already been offered besides which I thought this was a modified car group and it is modified

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

OK, then, break it. It's obviously worth more in bits than it is as a car - which is no surprise, as most 12 year old cars are worth more as parts than they are as a working vehicle.

And? Your point is?

Just because it's modified doesn't mean it's worth any more than any other wanky old Metro. In fact, it could even be worth less due to the mods.

Reply to
SteveH

but yes you are entitled to an opinion and if I have to break it i will its not a problem i wasn't expecting to get what the project cost to build just offering the chance of ownership before i take the car to bits

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

I may be a little thick here but you comment makes no sense could i have it in English PLEASE!

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

'Steven' doesn't do English. Which is about all you'd expect from an ex-RST owner, to be honest.

Just to brighten up our day, ask him all about his RST. You know you want to :-)

Reply to
SteveH

that's a bargin

> 3

What, no 'Lexus' lights?

Reply to
Mark W

> that's a bargin

> > 3

no I leave that to sad piss takers like you

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

That's the spirit. :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Despite all the piss taking, I've got to say (and I may have mentioned it once or twice before) that Metro GTi's are a real fun car to drive. Drove my mates one across London, from White City to Crawley, and they are an absolute hoot to drive, and very underrated as far as hot hatches go.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

So far its been one half of us arguing.... now its actually my car *Lynda here*... and what I cant understand with it being put in with the max power lot is the fact that very little has been done on the outside with majority of the cash having gone on more bhp... ( nope.. not added 10bhp for any max power stickers as it hasn't got any)

Its got a modified front bumper, bigger wheels to help with traction, lowered and stiffer for better handling.. * you know that being stiffer always helps :p* And that's about it front standard on the gti.. It has no stick on body kit... it has no neon's. no sunstrip.. no strips..no decals... its not on stupidly big wheels and then left looking like a

4x4...and as someone pointed out.. No Lexus rear lights.. Now come on.. how can this be worthy of max power... lol

Besides... Why not a metro.. it certainly makes someone think they have been drinking or smoking something when suddenly I am ahead and they then say.."but its a metro.." It is.. but its a bloody quick one..

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

Don't corsa's with lexus lights, look so gay?

Reply to
Joe

No one expects to get what the project cost to build.

A big engine and low mass are my chief weapons and lowered suspension.

No sorry just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Reply to
Depresion

And this one doesn't look too bad (for a metro) though I am having a revival in fancying '80's "style" at the moment.

Reply to
Depresion

One of the reasons I had the metro instead of a *insert most typical modded cars here* was that when I was at college there were 4 corsas... Each one had the same Wheels, lights and kit.. They parked next to each other and looked very very sad. They would then rip the piss outta my car.. till one day I couldn't help myself but show them that yes a 1.4 even in a metro can beat there 1.2 corsas... Before that they just couldn't seem to do the maths.. Bigger engine, lighter car and of course I was going to be quicker.

Reply to
Daz and Lynda