Modifications you have made?

305 behind 16s here too, 288 on the back.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Suspension tuning does not *have* to be shorter/stiffer springs, it can involve the relative front/rear roll stiffness, camber, bushing, etc...

You can/could often improve turn-in, behaviour under braking, near limit feedback, etc without ruining the ride (too much).

Alistair J Murray

But it usually does :)

Agreed - I was talking puely from the common shorter/stiffer springs approach.

Reply to
Nom

That's the McD car park thought though.

Hmm. It can, but it would depend on the design. Funky variable rate springs with matching dampers may be shorter than the originals but just as smooth, if not smoother.

We've put Kermit on Ford's Motorsport suspension. On some surfaces, the ride is firmer - on especially poor ones. Most all of the time the ride no different but it takes less of a pot hole or bump before you feel it. On some surfaces the ride is better, he's smoother on the motorway.

'Tis a damn good set up in my opinion, feels very much like the Puma only with less body roll.

Reply to
DervMan