My New Car!

Hello SteveH.

11 Feb 04 12:55, you wrote to Richard Kilpatrick:

S> But, sir, you have a girl's car ;-)

S> Isn't the 1.6 a little, well, slow?

And it being a Beetle, a little too gay?

Sergey

... DEVICE=LIFE LOCKED@AGE25 HEALTH=PERFECT

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-031023

Reply to
Sergey Vizgunov

Well, it's all gone through, with only one change.

I'm getting a New Beetle convertible 1.6 at the beginning of March. It's not yellow, though, since they had no yellow ones with the winter pack. It's black, with black hood and interior.

Richard (now a 3-black car family, it seems, since the XM is black and Siani's Scorpio is metallic black).

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

But, sir, you have a girl's car ;-)

Isn't the 1.6 a little, well, slow?

Reply to
SteveH

They're all slow :) The important thing is that the 1.6 - on paper at least - is not that much slower than the 2.0. 4bhp down, 4mph down, .6 seconds more to 60. And that 4bhp can probably be taken from the 2.0 by switching on the standard A/C. Having driven a Beetle, I reckon that going fast in one probably isn't as amusing to the driver as it is to anyone watching - they're comfortable and safe, and certainly not unpleasant to drive at a brisk pace (60mph around 45mph bends wasn't scary, just 'oh, that was a bit quick'), but the idea that the TT shares the same chassis is almost incomprehensible.

At least it's not a 1.4 - no power hood and 75bhp in a car that weight...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

hmmm.... new beetle convertible.... click below...

Tim S Kemp

*grins*

Hey, it's a black one too :D

I've had people yell 'Wanker' at the 306 when driving through Hexham. Now, I'm assuming they don't know me personally, but how the hell anyone noticed the 306 long enough to form an opinion is beying me...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Is it a rear engined one? ;)