Question for those with car kit experience.

Don't know the make, but there is a Motorola wired kit in. Is it worth doing anything with changing the cradle wise? Do they still make wired cradles for new phones or just for the old stagers.

I'm guessing behind the dash the wiring will have already been cut to allow the phone through the speakers, and wired into telemute as toyota/lexus don't use ISOs. I don't have an old Motorola to stick sim in to test it.

Reply to
Elder

Rip it out and put a Parrot kit in.

Reply to
SteveH

Figured, that or an IOplay.

I'll use my borgtooth for now, then get it sorted later.

Reply to
Elder

Seconded.

Reply to
Conor

IOplays are crap.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

How does the IOPlay work?

It appears that it just patches into your speakers, using its own amplifier.

Which, to me, doesn't make sense, if you have a decent head unit and factory amp in the car.

Surely it just means you get slightly crap audio performance compared with running an MP3 player through the head unit?

Reply to
SteveH

That's right. And only the front ones. And only until the unit fails.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Fair enough, didn't realise they were so stupidly basic.

Reply to
Elder

I read that as '..those with kit car experience.' I'm all disappointed now.

Reply to
albert T Cone