Kit Car

Not mine but saw this ad in the trade section of the samba.com Price seemed right for a running and done kit car. Just needs the Gullwing doors.

Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

bugman1955

do you need the doors to be stucturally sound and road legal?

Reply to
GusDaDog

I would not imagine so.... I know in Canada Doors are optional

If it was not so far away I know I would think give it some consideration

Adrian

Reply to
Smithers

On 19 Aug 2004 05:20:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) scribbled this interesting note:

That car needs far more than just the doors! I hope whoever buys it understands that it needs just about everything! The price on that car is a get-rid-of price for a reason! I would imagine the doors and dash pad the ad mentions will run the new owner more than they paid for the car...and that includes the shipping costs to get the car to the new owners!:~)

That car needs a complete disassembly, everything on the pan restored (not renovated, but restored) and re-assembly, with every nut and bolt, bushing and bearing inspected and replaced as needed. I suspect most of them will require replacing!

For safety I would go so far as to recommend that whoever buys this take the body off the pan, dispose of the pan as s/he sees fit, and buy a later model, double jointed swing axle pan (that means "IRS" in the common usage) and start over. You want that car to handle like a dog (kind of like early Corvettes do) or handle as good as it can?

All it needs are the doors. Bill, I'm shocked! I wouldn't even trust the engine to do more than move it around the driveway!

But it does have a certain good look about it does it not? Perhaps Stafford will snatch it up and finish it up and make this a replacement for the Bradley? That Raby engine would go well in it, don't you think????

John Willis

Just what I was thinking, too. Hey John, watch'a think?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

What a dawg Turd................I say cut the top section completely out, lose the *nerf* thang on the front............Lose the engine, and push it ever so nicely over a cliff into a Quarry with water in the bottom.................wher it can sit til a generation or two down the road, some teenagers will scoop it out of the pit and think how cool it is........................

I know, I know,................How do I reeeaaallly Feel, huh???

LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I appreciate the good will, David, but my car is still a whole lot more than that POS. :) BTW, that wreck is a fairly rare car.

Mine is coming together okay. I had a spare rear deck lid, and quarter windows and wiring. I have to get new DQP mufflers, wraps, hose and clamps. It's not likey to be on the road this year.

Tell me offline what's going on with your carbs, okay? I have a wicked backfiring problem at low RPM. It's not new, but it became very obvious when I switched to straight pipes. It's john at stafford dot net

Reply to
jjs