Smell the desperation :-)

Did you expect any better from someone posting to a UK group using funny furrin measurements?

Reply to
SteveH

For a minute I thought it might have been actually, but no, wouldn't have been.

And btw, do you mean Watlington (up towards M40 J6) or Wallington (near Croydon)?

Weirdly enough, the other week I was vaguely doing a bit of that route, but in the other direction (Reading to Tamworth via M40 J6 early on a Saturday morning, but back via A34 and Thatcham).

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Ok, Steve, you would like but you don't. Care to state the reason why=20 not? Might I suggest that the market you represent is not big enough?

Secondely: diesel versus petrol is a fiscal and land-bound question if=20 we are talking money instead of performance. We pay 1 Eur per liter=20 diesel, 1.3 Eur per liter petrol.

The landslide depreciation of quality German diesels in the UK can be=20 seen at par with the horrendous depreciation of cars with big petrol=20 engines here (and elsewhere in Europe / US) . Sadly the rest of the=20 world compared to the UK is a what bigger market.

Some figures? For the sake of easiness, lets stick to Range Rover: they=20 have a big-engined car in both diesel and petrol, within the same model

Range V8 petrol supercharged (new): 88 kEUr Range V8 turbo diesel (new): 76 kEUr

1 year old (< 20.000 km) Range V8 petrol supercharged : 60 kEUr Range V8 turbo diesel : 66 kEUr 2 year old (< 40.000 km) Range V8 petrol supercharged : 42 kEUr Range V8 turbo diesel Vogue : 58 kEUr

Above are official pricing, expect a reduction of 15 to 30% to all due=20 to the actual crises.

You do the math: depreciation- and fuel-wise. So I guess depreciation=20 and running costs are quite linked to where one lives.

In previous calcs I indeed used US Gallons for fuel flow-calc just=20 because I need US Gallons quite often; sadly again for that "Brittania=20 rules the waves"-feeling: nobody in the world uses UK Gallons but the=20 Brits. As this is a UK-group, seemingly nostalgic to a glorious past, I=20 will pay somewhat more attention to the UK units.

So sorry to hurt -a few times allready- the Britsh pride.

=20

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

At least we have a pride to hurt.

Can't really say the same for your mongrel country.

Reply to
SteveH

Because, my dear man, I often use USGallon because - I am nor sad nor sorry to be succesfull- I fly my own plane.

The plane, being US-built, comes with all manuals/charts for range/fuelconsumption etc in USG. For weight and balance some things need to be converted from gallons to kilograms. These calcs are for obvious reasons quite important and they are done using an analogue computer (of RAF-origin).

When I fill up on UK-soil, the bill comes in liters or USG. When I fill a car up at a UK-petrolstation, the teller states liters. Yeah: I forgot about the Imp Gallons and I deeply apologise for this. You know its origins compared to the USG?

Now: go, build and sell some Spitfires! This is indeed a UK-newsgroup but outside that there is this big world.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Here we go.

Why don't you just post 'I have a small c*ck and need to compensate' and be done with it?

Reply to
SteveH

Err what? That doesn't make sense.

[snip waffle]

You haven't hurt anything, all you've done is to wibble on with a load of guff.

Reply to
Steve Firth

*DUCATI*
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

A whole 750ccs and about 70bhp of really quite old Ducati.

If I wanted the whole world to think I had a small c*ck, I'd have a 1098 and matching leathers.

Reply to
SteveH

Did you? Did replying to the spam sort that out for you or have you decided to go the whole hog and get the sex change?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Snipping posts isn't big or clever. A bit like TDM's c*ck waving antics, really.

Reply to
SteveH

BMW M70 V12 - as found in my brother's car. One dizzy per bank :-

one ECU per bank too. And a third ECU which syncs the other two.

Bonker's isn't the word.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

And errm that somehow makes you unique does it? And how does it explain you use of US gallons in a non-aviation, UK forum? Other than the fact that you're a fucknuts?

So what?

Errm so and what? Fuel isn't sold in US gallons in the UK, it's sold in litres. They may provide a docket in USG for the poor little septics who can't do the conversions.

Is your penis really as small as the above makes it look?

Reply to
Steve Firth

That's what I was told.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You, Sir, were about to buy a woman's car.....

SL350, ffs.

Is there something you want to tell us?

Reply to
SteveH

The second seat is reserved for you darling.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Get your coat, Steve - he'll be round at midday tomorrow - table for two at Wetwang's booked for 6pm...

Reply to
AstraVanMann

"AstraVanMann" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It's not low-blow. The boost is _managed_ (kinda similar to Saab APC) to allow a relatively high compression, but it peaks at almost 1bar.

Big fat flat torque peak from 2k to 4.5k rpm.

Reply to
Adrian

I always suspected he was a bit like that, you know.

Like one of those Bangcock Ladyboys....

Reply to
SteveH