well finally a motor me and the wife both agree on

for those not in the know its a Mk3 astra Convertable with a 2.5 V6 lump fitted. it wont go round corners but looks really pretty

very tempting for only 4k :)

Reply to
Rob

well still on the car hunt

wheelspintastic :)

Rob

ffs is there nothing sacred these days

Rob

Wife likes it and thats the main thing :)

although looking more at another Cav for a project and keep the current sri for daily driver duties

Reply to
Rob

They buy them, because that is what they are offered. It is cheaper to produce a car with all the steering and power gubbins at one end than having to worry about propshaft balancing. Even if it drives like shit, if they offer no alternative at normal car money, who will know it drives like shit.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah I cba with this discussion, we have already been down it before anyway I think?

Besides I can't really accurately comment on the subject with my own experiances untill i've spent some time behind the wheel of a rwd car on the road.

Reply to
REMUS

Do yourself a favour make it a decent one i went down this road with my badly underpowered 320 make it something sportyish at least :)

for proper RWD experience try a kitcar :) along the lines of a 7 replica of sorts

Reply to
Rob

Yeah it will proberbly be a mk2 escort with a 2.0 zetec, S13 or somthing like that.

Have you ever been in a lotus 7 replica let alone the real thing, they numb your arse up really badly lol

Reply to
REMUS

You'd have to pick the right one. Many lower and mid range RWDs feel like FWDs for most of the time. In fact, come to think of it, many Audi AWDs feel distinctively FWD until you're doing something stupid in them.

Reply to
DervMan

With me and the missus it is the Alfa 147 and 156. Very few other cars work for both of us.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Exactly. As if most housewives would give a shit about power oversteer.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston