What's it worth ?

I was at a sprint today and was offered a car.

MR2 mk2 in red, import car. Long MOT.

Wrecked engine.

That's about it, it would need an engine fitted. I have the use of a seriously useful garage with hydraulic lift etc for doing the engine change.

So, what is the car worth as it stands ?

Price mentioned to me was "a couple of hundred quid".

I wouldn't be having it as a road car. It would be bought purely to be ragged to within an inch of its life at the hillclimb.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'd say that's fair, but not particularly cheap. Mk2 MR2s are dropping in value faster than your average buy-to-let home at the moment.

Do it, then report back from the hospital?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Nope, don't get that bit. I'm a bit hard of thinking, why is Hospital likely ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Some MR2s seem to have a reputation for snap oversteer at the limit...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Fairy nuff. I do remember that now.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

probably not a good idea

if you do though make sure you whack the turbo'd 3SGTE lump in and not that wussy shit they gave us in the MK2's :)

Reply to
Vamp

Turbo or None turbo?

Fensport could probably get you a "front" clip. Yes I know the engine is behind the driver, but it is still a front clip for an engine job.

Reply to
Elder

Only if you lift. MkII actually slide quite progressively on the right tyres (yoko's IIRC) but panic lift and say hello the the back of the car!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

yoko AO22's were the original tyres fitted to the MK2 MR2 and i think you can still get them as i bought some just over 2 years ago for my MR2 Turbo when i had it. if it's a car for track use toyo R888's are pretty sticky!

Reply to
Vamp

i'd have a mk1 but the mk2 has an awful image...cheap chav tat

Reply to
mike

hey f*ck image, my MR2 Turbo was and still is one of my fave cars, love the

3SGTE engine!
Reply to
Vamp

Got to go with that. That is one unkillable engine.

Reply to
Elder

Sorry I missed this post. Camry V6 drops straight in (well, with a bit of ECU wiring)...

Richard (life is hectic, what can I say).

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick