Paging Timo.

Can you gimme a heads up if there's anything significantly wrong with this?

Pete M

3.5 ? Check.

Manual ? Check.

Book the flight.

(Although, I do have the occasional mental streak, much as it may appear not, so ignore me.)

I do have a soft spot for these, it's really in the vein of the old E3 which we used to have and that was a marvelous old bus.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Jewish racing gold....

;-)

Reply to
SteveH

The one bit that set the alarm bells ringing is that he's selling it without either a current TÜV certificate (the German, bi-annual equivalent of the MOT) nor an emissions test certificate (they're separate certs in boxheadland). I'm also wondering why he sees a need to state that the was in 'completely drivable' condition with date *and* time.

Supposedly the car has not been any serious damage (that's what it says in one of the fields at the top) but I've got a *very* bad feeling about this thing.

And keep in mind you'd either have to trailer it back or see if you can get it through the TUEV test locally. As a car in Germany is worth significantly more with a current test (same as in the UK, really), it makes you wonder what horrors are lurking underneath.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

If all goes wrong, sell the train for scrapmetal.

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I'll give that one a miss then, ta.

Reply to
Pete M

Why are germans called boxheads?

Reply to
Doki

Perhaps it's what passes for a joke in Austria. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I would guess that it maybe because that is the way germans are often charactertured in comics, cartoons, etc. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

look at schemacher his head is basically square and so is his brothers

Reply to
Vamp

To me it looks like the front wings are a different shade to the rest.

Reply to
Homer

I think it's the doors that are different?

Reply to
DanB

Thought that on one of the views but on the two looking down the side from the front the doors look like they match the rear panels okay.

Reply to
Homer

They do like to have a bit of a rust to themselves.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Front wing and door don't match colour. Avoid.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston