4.6 idle problems

Hi guys. I put a 1995 Lincoln 4.6 4V with a T-5 trans in my 95 Mustang. Most of the time the car runs great but every once in a while it idles very rough for a while. Almost to the point of stalling out. This happens mostly when the car has idled for a while like in a drive thru or at a long light. Also every once in a while when driving the car will jump like I punched the throttle. Both of these problems are rare but very annoying. Shutting off and restarting the car fixs both. The motor is stock inside. Just headers and a performance chip at this point. Thanks

Reply to
Stephanie

"Stephanie" wrote in news:JA_Db.5129$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Just a guess - ditch the performance chip and see if the problem disappears.

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Dakota 5.8 R/T CC

Reply to
Joe

OR it could be a problem resulting from the transplant. Check all connections, esp splices and grounds in the wiring harness.

Joe opined in news:brqsli$64975$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-49604.news.uni-berlin.de:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Could be the idle air control valve acting up.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy