Aftermarket Wheel Questions

Hiya all !!!

Been a while since I posted here. My 2001 GT needs new tires. I'm going to buy a wheel and tire package. I'm going to put a set of winter tires on the stock Bullit Anthracite rims that my car came with.

I want to go up to an 18" Rim. For the rear, I will get an 18" x 9" or even 18 x 10" and in the front an 18" x 8".

I want to put the widest possible tires in the rear that will fit. Does anyone know what the widest tire you can get on in the back of a 2001 without having to do any body or suspension work ??? I've heard 275's will fit. I've head that they wont. I've heard that even 315's will fit in the rear. On the front, I want to keep the width close to stock.

So... Given I have the proper offset, what can I squeeze in the back ???

Also....

I've been shoppint for a good looking rim. If I want to play it safe and have somthing that I'm sure will look good, I was thinking about the Foose Nitrous:

Very similiar to the Bullit rims and they have all the right sizes and offsets.

These also look intersting but I will have to go up to the 19" rims. May be not enough side wall left ???

Or this below.. May look good with my Zinc Yellow

At any rate... What looks good on a 2001 and can fit the widest rear tires ??? And should I use an 18 " rim or 19" rim ??? Too many choices.

Thanx

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Been doing some more looking. Think I answered my own question. The widest rims I seem to be able to get for the rear of my 2001 are the 17 x 10.5 rims below. That size comes in a few styles for 94-2004 Stangs, but I personally think the Bullitt Anthracite rims look best on my yellow 2001. Chrome seems to look better on Black cars, but not on yellow so much. I'm canning the idea of 18" rims. The 18's available for Stangs only go up to

10". I want the widest tire I can get for the rear.

So... I'll go with the 17" x 10.5 bullitt rims below.

I've read in several places that 315's will fit on the rear of the 2001 GT's with no problem. So... The Rear will get 315's on 17 x 10.5 rims and the front will get 275's on 17 x 9 rims. That seems to be the most popular arrangement for 94-04 Stangs.

Seems as if the Sumitomo HTR Z's are is just about the only tire available in 315/35-17 and 275/40-17 too. Goodyear F1's come on both those sizes too, but they are way overpriced.

Viola... I'm ready to buy...

Michael

Reply to
Michael