value of '89 LX 5.0 ???

" snipped-for-privacy@here.com" wrote in news:0_75f.230200$tl2.202740@pd7tw3no:

The company that makes it is American. At least Ford doesn't cheap out like GM and include freakin' DRLs on everything they sell...

If you want to go by components and country of manufacture, then that's another story...

And yes, my beer is great. ;)

Reply to
Joe

Just had to be a notchback, now didn't it!!!

Very nice. I'd love to find one like that with just a few more miles on it (and cheap) to use as a driver.

Something like that is rather rare and becoming desireable. Ebay *MAY* be the way to go with it. The downside would be all the scams going on and deadbeat bidders. You may want to wait until the spring though. The additional year older won't hurt this car being such a low-mileage original car, IMO.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
AGuyNamedSteve

my 88 with 59K might be up for sale here soon

Reply to
J. Sprauer

Where is it? What's its story?

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455

J. Sprauer wrote:

Reply to
AGuyNamedSteve

The 89 is a definite preference over an 88 due to the change from speed density to mass air flow metering. Though I suppose it's possible to retrofit to an 88. SD is a pain in the ass for those that are into modifying their engine.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

I bought it with 58K original miles a year ago.. I spent 4K... gt 40 heads intake trickflow stage 1 cam roller rockers mass air conversion equal length shortys pulleys 373 gears et street radials lowered all new shocks and struts (kyb) built tranny (aod) transgo shift kit bbk off roads only put

1000 miles on it since build original paint super clean pics here

J. Sprauer

converted to mass air lotsa motor work .. pics here

my 88 with 59K might be up for sale here soon

Reply to
J. Sprauer

One exception is that Mustangs sold in California in 1988 had MAF systems.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Another exception... 1988 SSP (Police) Mustangs.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
AGuyNamedSteve

It looks really nice, but probably wouldn't be the car for me. I'd be more interested in it how it was when you bought it as opposed to the modified version.

My Skylark will be plenty for strip/street duty, once I get the motor back and can afford to match the rest of the drivetrain to it. Whatever other car I have will be a daily driver that spends about 11 hours/day at a park n ride lot.

Plus I'll still have to move the Ranger. Hopefully my wife and I can find something to trade it in on before it costs me any more money.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455

J. Sprauer wrote:

Reply to