How to Change 2003 Pathfinder Coolant

Any way to change the coolant in my 2003 Pathfinder without removing the lower radiator hose? Radiators used to come with drain fittings, but they were removed to save $$$ for the factory, no one worries about the end user.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

Are you sure it doesn't have a radiator drain? My '02 Pathfinder has one. No petcock though, Just a big plastic screw in the bottom.

Reply to
E Meyer

it has a drain,look closer

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks to both responders. I'll drop the plastic lower shield and have a closer look the next time I change the oil and filter.

Bob Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

According to my '01 service manual, the drain plug is on the right (US passenger) side, pointing straight down.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet