how to remove tree sap without hurting paint?

How do I get tree sap (from a white pine) of my car without hurting the finish?

Soap and hot water....no work Turtle wax bug/tar remover...no work Mcquiars quick detailer...no work.

Carburetor cleaner works...but I worry it will hurt the finish.

tia art

Reply to
arthur

A couple links from Google... no personal knowledge to contribute...

-- not sure what I think about the nail polish trick, don't know about Windex. But if it worked in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, maybe it'll work for this? :-)
Alcohol seems to be a popular option. Again, no personal recommendations to contribute.

-- Jim Beachy

Reply to
Jim Beachy

"Jim Beachy" wrote in news:rLJdk.13769$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe23.lga:

DONT use nail polish remover! it's mostly acetone,and that will harm your paint.

pine sap is turpentine-based. once it dries,though....

Reply to
Jim Yanik

sure what I think about>> the nail polish trick, don't know about Windex. But if it worked in My Big>> Fat Greek Wedding, maybe it'll work for this?:-)

Try some Kit 'Scratch-Out', available at auto stores, on the spots.

Reply to
willshak

I use old fashioned cooking oil to remove sap and tar with a gentle rubbing.

You can also remove tree sap by using an ice cube. Put the ice cube on the sap for a few seconds them just flick it away with your finger nail; .

'Mineral Spirits' applied with a paint roller and allowed to sit for a few minutes. Rinse off with water. Amazingly effective.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston