Replacing older door/window seals?

Anyone have any comments/suggestions in regards to "fixing" door/window seals on a 92 Pathfinder SE? The obvious thing is to buy replacements from the dealer, but I'm wondering if there are other options.

For example, at times the seal for the rear hatch window leaks a bit of water.

Reply to
Dave Patton

Dave,

I actually saved quite a bit of money by spending a day hitting junk yards and pulling the seals off the wrecked Pathfinders when I replaced some door seals on my 88 Pathfinder . The seals were water, air and noise tight and lasted until I sold the vehicle. I did this in about '95, so at the time the seals were roughly 7 years old. Just wanted to offer a suggestion that happened to work great for me.

Scott

For example, at times the seal for the rear hatch window leaks a bit of water.

Reply to
Wardo