Autormatic Transmission Pan Bolt Torque and Sequence

I have a 1996 Maxima GXE. I want to flush the fluid and clean up the filter. I got the gasket for the pan, but I don't know bolt torque and the sequence. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Trang H Pham

I don't believe there is a specified sequence. Just go around tightening each a little at a time. The final torque is suppposed to be 62-72 INCH pounds (about 6 FOOT pounds).

Reply to
Dan

This is from a 2k service manual... but it may still be helpful for you.

61-78 in/lbs, tightened in a "criss-cross" pattern. Good practice is to do it a little at a time for each bolt... at least twice maybe three times around, before reaching full torque.

Also an important note from the 2k manual: do not reuse the bolts as they have a self-seal>I have a 1996 Maxima GXE. I want to flush the fluid and clean up the

Reply to
BuddyWh

there is no need to remove the pan to drain the fluid, the transmission pan has a drain plug

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks all for input.

I will start working on the transmission tomorrow morning.

Best regards,

Trang H Pham wrote:

Reply to
Trang H Pham