rough idle, missing throughout rpm range

93 Maxima: One of the cylinders is getting spark but with spark wire off, the engine is not showing any rpm difference. With the spark plug wire on or off, that particular cylinder seems to be dead. Symptoms: Rough idle, missing throughout rpm range. Would appreciate info from techs on possible causes and how to narrow down what my particular problem is so that I might repair it myself. Please provide specific details in answers. (Auto Zone does not provide trouble codes on this model car.)Thank you.

-- Message posted using

information at

Bear1MustardSeed

Almost certainaly a bad injector. Happenned to my 93 GXE at 160k miles. Replaced one injector and cured the problem, then had same problem turn up in another cylinder. Sold the car shortly afterwords. I'm guesing that all injectors at this mileage are near to failure. Sorry for the bad news, maybe others have better news.

Al Moodie

Reply to
Al Moodie