106 GTI Steering Problems

Hi not sure if anyone can help. I have a 106 GTI, and for the last few weeks the steering has gone really weird when going round corners and roundabouts. It seems to go really light, and the car feels like the back end is going to swing out!!! Quite a weird feeling when it happens. Also, when I accelerate off a roundabout despite what gear Im in (2nd or 3rd), the car sometimes wheel spins (and not because Im hammering it). Not sure if the two are connected. Finally I do have an oil leak from my rocker gasket, so had wandered (as the oil has leaked all over the bottom of the engine etc), that maybe this is affecting the steering? Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
bubblyb