106 Sunroof leak

Hi All , have an 1998 5 door 106 , has just started to leak water through a tilt/slide sunroof, water comes out of interior light and down passenger side pillar ending up in the floor well, very little info in my Haynes manual, seal looks ok., does this model have roof drains? , any help or thoughts appreciated .

Tony

Reply to
tony swanborough

Don't know the one in the 106, but the tilt/slide ones I had on a 405 and

306 both had drains in each front corner. The pipe runs down the inside of the front pillar. Try a bit of stiff wire.
Reply to
Brian

Is the roof tight fit when shut?it might just need a little ajusting here and there.

Reply to
Chrs

I had the same problem with my 98 405 water was leaking through the light, i found out i was not closing the sunroof properly, it looked shut from the top of car but had to push button just a little more to close it properly., i had not long had the car so was not familiar with the roof any chance you have done the same thing?

Reply to
lee405 via CarKB.com

Yes, my wife had the same problem with her 306. She never seemed to get it quite right.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
tony swanborough