307 hdi new fuel system.now pulley causing clattering?

the last few weeks the engine is clattering when cold when accelerating,pug have told me aside from the fuel problem that a lower pulley? needs replacing which is causing the clattering,(something to do with the suspension they said?) this 1 confuses me what has suspension got to do with it when it dissappears after 1st 5 mins?the only other thing i thought was timing belt pulley which sounds about right to me if the latter why have they give me the car back in the meantime,surely this is gonna cause further damage? can anyone shed any light on this?

Reply to
Ady