406 headlight adjustment

I have a 406 1.9 TD 1997 and have been trying to adjust the headlight beams by using the adjustment knob under the steering wheel. Even on the nornal '0' setting they are still too low, so that the main beam is far too close to the car, on the road surface.

Is there any way that I can get an extra couple of degrees on them (upwards, of course).

Thanks in anticipation of help.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Try using the manual adjustment. Look for the electric motor on the back of the headlight unit. It has a plug going to it. On top of that motor there is a 6mm Allen bolt. Turn it one way or the other to get the beam up. If that doesn't make any difference, then the motor has become detached from the headlight inside, which will require the headlight to come out to fix. Not easy.

Reply to
Nigel