Peugeot 106 - Wiring to a pre-ignition 12v source

Please can someone help me? I've just installed central locking into my

3dr 1994 106XR. Everything's done except the wiring. I need to wire in a live and earth. I've found the earth point in my car so I've screwed that on, however I don't know where to splice the live cable!!! I looked under the dash and there's about 1,000,000 wires!! I've also looked in my Haynes manual but I can't make any sense of it. All I want is a pre-ignition 12v source...the question is, where is it and what colour is it?

Thanks in advance :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon UK

big red + on the battery ;)

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
Jon UK

any red you can find with code starting BB should be ok

Reply to
Mindwipe

Anything that can be powered up without the ignition on, uses a pre-ignition

12v source. So splice off your radio, headlights, whatever - get out your multimeter and test some wires.

Just bear in mind that if your radio only uses a 10A fuse and 10A wiring, then it would be a bad idea to splice a 30A (for example) locking-kit off it's power source.

Reply to
Nom