2000 Sunfire dome light

I just bought a used 2000 sunfire for my daughter. The dealer that I bought it from had the heat fixed for us. When I brought the car home I realized that the dome light did not go on. There was no bulb in it. When I put a new bulb in, the dome light would not turn off. What could be the cause of this? Is this something that I could fix?

Reply to
brady

On my 2001 there is a on/off thingie just to the left of the steering wheel that I can turn mine on or off with. Have you checked that?

Reply to
Jan

Usually a bad door latch. Could also be a wiring problem, or a bad dimmer control switch.

Sure. As long as you have all the pertinent wiring diagrams, and a good multimeter. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

"brady" wrote: > I just bought a used 2000 sunfire for my daughter. The dealer > that I > bought it from had the heat fixed for us. When I brought the > car home I > realized that the dome light did not go on. There was no bulb > in it. When > I put a new bulb in, the dome light would not turn off. What > could be the > cause of this? Is this something that I could fix?

My wife has a 2001 sunfire that had the same problem. It was an electrical problem and the wires to it had to be replaced. The same thing happend to my dad?s 96 Cavalier

Reply to
bobparsons