2000 Sunfire Ignition Problem ?

If you can help me with this diagnosis I would very much appreciate it. The Sunfire that we have has recently been having problems starting. Esp. after driving the car and then patking it, waiting for about 5-10 minutes and then trying to start it again. It will crank over just fine, in fact it will run the battery down if you let it trying to start. I have found that if I just tap the iginition off and on a couple of times I can usually get it to start. This is pretty intermittent though. It may go for a couple of days without any issue and then will have this problem. Also to coincide with this, the car will intermittently die driving down the road. The motor will die but all of the gauges will still be working as if the motor is still running. I have been able to shift it into neutral and get it started while rolling down the road. I have had the battery and alternator checked earlier when the problem was so intermitent that we thought it was just a bad battery but now it is happening more and more. I am suspecting the ignition module at this point. Any ideas ? I see that these modules cost about ~$200...is that as cheap as they can be found ? Any input would be appreciated, thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Perhaps its your ignition cylinder?

a bad connection for the IGN1 or IGN2 wire could cause these issues, most likely the IGN1 wire.

Reply to
Paradox