High Beam Problem

I have a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire GT. I was hopeing someone could lead me in the right direction. My normal lights will turn on when its dark out and everything is fine. When i turn on my High beams my headlights shut off and no high beams come on. aka no lights at all in the front. Any idea what this could be?

P.S I changed the fuse and lights. No change yet

Reply to
JohnnyG5545

Probably is a bad headlight dimmer switch. If it is in the column like some cars have the whole stalk will need replacing.

Reply to
Les Benn

in the front headlmp wire harness..between washer bottle and frame there is a splice in harness 2 wires branch out always corrodes.check that harness theres many splices that go bad.main plug is under brake master attached to frame.

-- Message posted using

information at

autodog