Oil Light stays on in my '85 Grand Prix

Hello, I have a problem with the oil light staying on in my 1985 Grand Prix (3.8L). I have changed the oil,filter, and sending unit. The car runs fine with no knocks.???

Reply to
Ponchopg

Better be hooking up a pressure gauge to your machine and finding out what actual pressure is.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Also, if you will disconnect your sender, and ground the wire from the light, the light should come on (ign should be on for this experiment). If it's not grounded, the light should go out. If that is the case, then you will know that it is the sender that is turning the light on. Right now, you don't know that it's not just faulty wiring.

Reply to
Joe