Rear Discs

I've got an 88 SSE, and last year I removed the antilocks. What a great decision I made there, it acts like a normal car now ! Anyway, where would I begin, if I wanted to add Discs to the rear ? Should I try and modify a later model SSE setup ? or search for something after market ?

Rich...

88 SSE 294,000 and goin strong !
Reply to
Guess

I've heard others say it is not worth the time & effort to convert. As long as you've got good brakes let it be.

Your catching up to me........

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Maybe you're right..... But I'm trying to keep the Car really clean an kinda trick in a subtle kinda way, and I think 4 Wheel discs on the

88 would be kinda trick. The car's got all new interior (including carpet & headliner), new Cadillac CTS rims and tires, new OEM taillights, new door seals all around, Pontiac auto dim mirror, so it's doing me proud.. and I Don't care so much about gaining stopping power, although I wouldn't want to lose any performance, because the brakes on the car are excellent now. I should check the wrecking yard for a newer SSE and snatch the rear suspension, lay them out along side each other. Who knows maybe they're very simular. I've got a donor car for 88 parts...

Rich...

Reply to
Guess

Seems now I recall a guy posted in here a year or so about getting a regular brake system off a same year LE or SE ( junk yard ) for his SSE. It was the 86-89 vintage. I don't remember the exact year he had.

His power booster died and it was like $1200 for a new one. I think his SSE had the dreaded Teves Anti-Lock system, which he removed and converted to a regular brake system. He was very happy afterwards. He had posted a follow up report on how the car was,

Swapping complete suspension set ups is out of my league.

Good Luck.