Heater Rover 220

the heater blower on my rover 220 has a four speed switch to operate it ...... while it works well on position 3 and 4 it won't blow at all on position 1 and 2 ..... does anyone have any idea why this is so and how the problem can be corrected?

thanks in advance for any help at all

omega

Reply to
Omega

I had the same problem with my 400. It was the resistor pack, we had it done at a garage for £45 as it is a pain to get at. £29 for the part and the rest labour, so it was worth it for me!

If you want to try yourself it is apparently on top of the heater and can be accessed through the centre consol. HTH

Mrs Chilly

Reply to
chillypenguin

Reply to
steven.g

well you did say 'even the most useless of people', so here goes ... where exactly do I find 'these electrics' .... if you could point me to a part of the car where I could them I would be ever so grateful :o)

thanks for your post Steven

omega

Reply to
Omega

ah right! .... found it now .... on top of the heater blower behind the glove box which I had to drop first .... got one off the scrappy for £4

thanks again

omega

Reply to
Omega