Rover 114 should I sell or scrap?

Hi People My Dad (lives in Leeds) has just turned 80, he has a very nice Rover

114GSI, it is honestly immaculate from front to back with EW, leather seats and so on for a car of this type, there is not one sign of rust, the car has just topped 45k miles, it runs perfectly, apart from the fact the Auto gear box has seized up, garage was looking for £1400 to repair, he needs a car to get around, he needs an automatic gearbox, so I went out and got him a lovely Peugeot 306 yesterday, but that leaves us with this very beautiful 114GSI stood on his drive, what do you people think? scrap or sell on EBay for spares? shame really, if he lived closer I would try and sort it myself but its to far away and I have no way of getting it towed (drive shafts disconnected by garage)

Your input would be helpful, I am asking this because it seems such a shame for such a lovely car which has had two owners, an old couple up to 20k, then my dad who has only done the remainder over 4 years, garage maintain and well looked after.

I have photos of it, but dont know if I can post them here.

Anyway thanks for reading this and any help would be more than welcome

Gordon

Reply to
SoundBytes

you owe it to rover fans to at least put it on ebay for a low reserve, i don't how much you would get locally for scrap but near me you'd be lucky to get £20. if i was nearer i would have it myself.

Reply to
ajsmith

if you don;t want to have a bash at fixing it, ebay it, you'll get more than scrap value.

Reply to
vertuas

Already some interest in this on the Macdroitwich MG Rover forum:

Might be worth posting your pics there.

Bazza

Reply to
Bazza

Hi Well it seems from the response to my mail that I should put the car on Ebay, so thats what I have done, thanks Bazza for putting the car in your forum, lots of interest, if you would like to direct the people to the link below then there are photos and all the info they need. thanks again to you all, save me having to join a forum also sorting the picutres out etc.

Gordon

the link to the car

SoundBytes

I'm

not a member of the Macdroitwich MG Rover forum either, just trying to help you by passing on info about the apparent interest.

It's up to you to promote your own sale!!!

Bazza

Reply to
Bazza

Sorry mate thought you were a member