Pagid rear brake pads for 2001 saab 9-5

Hi all:

I purchased Pagid rear brake pads for my 2001 9-5 and was going to go to a mechanic to have them installed and he specifically said that pagid brake pads for the rear brakes always squeal. Is that really true, or is he trying to get me to buy his for more?

I bought mine from thesaabsite.com.

Thanks. /sk

Reply to
SunnyDC

I don't think they have to squeal if you lube them up with the proper goo. Now, that said, mine squeal - but they didn't until I did the race type break in procedure of braking repeatedly from 60mph until you turn the disks blue. I think I just burned off all the goo. I plan to regoo as soon as I have a few hours and I expect the sound to stop.

Reply to
- Bob -