Coolant Temperature Sensor

Can I change this w/o draining any coolant? If I am quick with a cool engine, I think that only a couple of ounces will leak out. Any thoughts? Thanks, Scott

Reply to
machado

I did mine that way. You need to make sure that the new one has a new seal on it, and is ready to go. A third hand to put a finger in the dam might help. But actually I lost very little coolant - it's a small hole and will have to gulp air back in as the coolant comes out, so it is not as bad as one might think.

Reply to
Mike Martin

Thats my experience. You won't lose much, just have the new one ready to go when you start taking the old one out.

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Make sure the engine is not hot (though slightly warm is probably best). Leave the radiator cap on.

Reply to
Dan Hicks

I did it with draining a bit of coolant. My problem was after installing the new `brass` one.......the old one was plastic......the new one I put in was faulty. My luck goes that way :( . Dan.

Reply to
Mason121

I replaced the CTS on a SL2 without any problems. Can't remember much coolant coming out - car was cold.

The new sensor should have sealant already applied to the threads.

=================================

" ..... I ain't no bandleader!!"

Reply to
Jack Woltz

Thanks to all who replyed. I found my resolution in cleanind the throttle body and iac. Scott

Reply to
machado

What was the original problem?

-DanD