Ping: Nate Nagel... OT Dodge Crap

Nate,

Is there a special technique to push/pull the pins in a connector to accommodate a replacement harness for a vintage 70's Dodge van?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Is this a multi-pin connector and you're trying to reuse the platic housing? if so then yes, you need a small screwdriver or special tool to release the connectors... do you have a pic of what you're talking about? I don't have any special expertise with Dodge vans but I think I know what you're asking anyway.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Here's a page that discusses some of the various connectors, and another page that shows some of the tools available. You probably want one of those 'throwing star' looking tools.

Dwain G.

Just solved the problem by using a bent paperclip.

Thanks anyway..

JT

(Just like ejecting a stuck floppy out of an anciennt Mac)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Thanks. Though that the problem has been resolved, I'll be addingn a couple of tools to my electrical stuff.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire