Re-Chrome Air Cleaner

Never seen the bottom portion of a chrome air cleaner on Avantis..Are they all chrome or is it just the top portion. Mine is all black (lower piece) Taking mine in to get rechromed and want to do it right. Also would like to know if the valve covers are different from the usual Studebaker covers..... JP or any good knowledgable Avanti people. Thanks. Dave B I have had all my chrome done (bumpers) at Chrome Reflections in DesMoines, Ia and they do excellant work. They do a lot of street rod and car show quality work. Not cheap but excellant work..especially straightening.

Reply to
mcavanti

R1 air cleaner bottom is painted black. R1 valve covers are standard Studebaker mid-'62 to '64 valve covers, only chrome plated. For an Avanti there should be *no* clips in the middle of the valve cover to hold the spark plug wires. If you have covers with the clips (from a Lark or Hawk) just zing them off before you send them to the plater's.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
N8N

I cannot imagine Studebaker spending any more money than it had too

Reply to
oldcarfart

Thanks guys,,,,,, ..There on there way...The valve covers BTW are original covers for the Avanti..Was just wondering in case I found a decent pair to rechrome later. Dave B

Reply to
mcavanti