2005 Outback remote design, possible replacment?

Anyone else constantly turning on/off their alarm system, or setting it off just other keys, chapstick, etc in their pocket.

This seems to happen to me on a daily basis, and I've only got one key ring with two keys on it, other than my Subaru key.

The buttons are sprung very soft compared to old remotes, and are large and not recessed. Anyone heard about this?

Will an older remote series work, from the pre-2005 models?

Thanks,

-pete

Reply to
Pete Grey

Yes, it happen to me about 3 times in the since I got the car in the August. However I only setup alarm once.

Reply to
LB

Yes, it happens to me - it's clearly a design flaw.

Reply to
teekaynospam