Cassette/FM-AM/CD head unit for `95 legacy

My mom spilled orange juice out of her cup holder last week and it splashed down onto the headunit of the car. Now it simply isn't working and I'm thinking it caused the electronics on the unit to short out. Simply put, with numerous units on eBay going for under $30, I will just swap one out for her. However, I am curious. Is there a certain part/model/make that only fits Legacy's? The reason I ask a guy has one from a `99 Forrester that is going cheap. But didn't know if it'd work in my mom's legacy.

Bradley Walker

I don't think it will fit (I have a 95), but that is an educated guess

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Can anyone tell me if this link is true? That the Clarion OEM radios/cd players will fit a Legacy like it says?

Bradley Walker

My 95 has a radio out of a 2003 WRX. Purely plug and play. As far as I know any Subaru radio from 95 to 2004 is a direct swap. Well maybe not. There is a Macintosh option that probably requires rewiring, but Macintosh radios are very rare.

Reply to
johninKY