Replacement tires

Hi all

It's time to get rid of the Geolanders on my '02 Forester S and replace them with something else. I'm looking at the Yokahama Avid Tourings - it appears that they got good reviews on Tirerack, and the price is right. Anyone have any thoughts/experience re this tire, or any other recommendations?

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Edward Hayes

I put Michelin Hydroedge tires on our Forester. The day I was scheduled to have them put on, it snowed 10 inches. I could barely make it to the shop with my worn Bridgestones. Later that day with the new tires, I cruised around town effortlessly. The tires are incredible in rain too. They're supposed to be 85,000 mile tires, but who knows if they'll actually last that long. I'll probably also put them on my Outback when it is due for new tires.

More info...

JWC

Just don't get near Geolandar G900! I changed to Pirelli, they R much better.

Reply to
Yoram S

I'm looking at the Yokahama Avid Tourings - it appears

I've used those tires in the past. Excellent tires, except they wore out some faster than I was expecting (durability was reasonable, just not exceptional, which I expected from the tread wear rating). Very good traction, wet and dry, and especially quiet.

I now have the Brigestone Potenza 950's on my Impreza, and they are very good tires too, much better than the Potenza 92's that came stock on the Impreza. Quiet, with excellent traction. A little less precise feeling than the Avid Touring tires, from what I remember, but still very good in that area, and hopefully they will be longer lasting.

Larry Van Wormer

Reply to
Larry Van Wormer