Replacing the A/F sensor

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this group so please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before. I have a 2001 Subaru Forester with 201, 000 Km on it. The infamous check engine light came on and I had it checked by the dealer. The following codes came up:

Knock sensor 1 (high input) - P0328 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit (high input) - P0463 Fuel Trim (P0170) O2 sensor circuit (lean) Bank 1 sensor 1 - P0130

I replaced the knock sensor myself and the check engine light went off but the car was still running rough and now was sometimes stalling when I came to a stop. Then the check engine light came back on!

I am going to replace the A/F sensor but was wondering if it something I could do myself?

Any guidance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Reply to
mybigtrousers

Hi, I replaced the A/F (upstream of catalytic converter) sensor on my '02 Forester awhile back. As I recall, I used a boxed end wrench with slight tap by a hammer to break loose. There are sockets designed for removal/installation, but not really necessary.

mybigtrousers wrote:

Reply to
phatirejunky